Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ecological living

I'm way to tired and I should've gone to bed a long time ago but I'm just so excited!!!!
well, it's a long story , that I might tell you another day, but to make it short - me and my friend Lotten (that I met and lived with for 8 months in the community of Taizé) are planning to (after our studies in about 5 years) buy a house on the countryside in the south of europe (we said france probably), and start our own small community where we will be doing alot of farming but also keep doing our arts (clothes, paintings and pottery)..we'll have an atelier and a small shop..

well , first we planned to visit some communities around the world to get some more experiences. and I just found a list with thousands of different communities and eco-villages, and I can't take my eyes off of this list!! I just found a small holding in Portugal where I would love to volunteer for a while (Victoria, stick to your plans for once..you're gonna start you studies soon..)..

and THEN, I found a website for portuguese properties and they just have all of these BEAUTIFUL old countryside-houses with huge gardens wich would be perfect for our future community, and I just want to get it all started NOW!

listen to this for example:
"Traditional village house with 1000m2 garden .There is also a stone building and a garage. The property has water and electricity connected and is situated at the end of a quiet mountain village with superb views out over the surrounding hills. The garden is approximately 1/4 acre with fruit trees and vines. The building is the oldest in the village. There is a cafe around the corner and another two at the other end of the village."






source: aquarios.co.uk

4 comments:

sophie said...

also check out
http://www.pureportugal.co.uk
:)

sophie said...

i think this will also be of great interest to you:
http://www.ecolivingportugal.org/korashan-vale-das-lobas

Victoria said...

wow, thanks!!!

Lola said...

Helvete va najs! Det är ju min dröm ocksåp! Får man ve meeee?