Sunday, May 9, 2010

a spanish, romantic wedding coming up..



It so happens that I am invited to what will be the cutest, most wonderful, beautiful, pretty & romantic wedding I will ever attend. It's on the spanish countryside (outside of Barcelona) in a big white spanish countryhouse, where boyscouts sometimes have camps.

It has a beautiful garden, where we will have the party afterwards, and we will literally dance under the stars, because Laura & Unai (the bride & bridegroom) have asked they're friends (especially the ones who can't attend the wedding) to design & create a star , however they want it to look, the only condition is that it is blue or white. These stars will be hanging from the tree's wich we will be dancing under..

Now, my biggest problem (except finding a cheap air-plane ticket to go to Spain in the end of june - impossible!) is WHAT TO WEAR?!
I don't know anything about spanish rules and what-tp-wear-to-a-wedding. But I do know that this wedding won't be a conservative & traditional wedding and that Laura just wants us to wear what we feel comfortable in.

I'm thinking, not too much glitter and silk for me.
She did say that it's common to wear a short dress for the ceremony in church, and a longer one for the evening, wich is nice, because then I have a reason to get not only 1, but 2 new dresses! Perhaps I will sew something myself..here's some inspiration I found on the net:



sources: top shop & urbanoutfitters

No comments: