Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rosenills trädgård

yesterday (well, honestly, up until early this morning) I was sitting by the computer checking WWOOF-ing again (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) ..and thought I'd check out the list of farms in Sweden accepting volunteers from allover the world.
I found the cutest "little" place ever, only a couple of hours away from here. listen to this:


If you choose to have a WWOOF period with us, we want you to stay at least 2 weeks, during which you will probably deal with some of the following:
- gardening: planting, weeding, pruning, harvesting ...
- in the café: baking, making food, washing up, making jam and other delicacies ...
- carpentry and machinery : there are always things to fix ...
- in the juice factory: making “liquid gold”...
- with the animals: feed and look after...
-and a variety of other projects



When days are busy we usually take lunch from the café and at different times. Dinner is on the other hand more often held together as a small feast. We have a small cinema facility for those who like films and there is mostly music played in the main building. If weather is to hot we usually go to the clean watered lake Mälaren (600 meters from here) to cool down a little.


One important tradition is to hold a party every Saturday from midsummer until the end of august. The live music played during these, vary from jazz to ethnic to rock´n roll and are usually very nice.



I want to go there, and so does Lola!
well, if I'm not moving down to Malmö in July, I would like to go there for a couple of weeks..would love to stay longer, but now I can just see latinamerica running out of my hands, as I still haven't gotten a job..


(all these pictures are sooo swedish summer to me, and they made me realize how beautiful Sweden is , at summer atleast...all pictures are from Rosenhill's blog)

No comments: