Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Istanbul


today is the second time i really feel like going to Istanbul. Random.
One of my readers once told me that Istanbul is my kind of city, and that I should go there. (btw Kajsa, when was it that you're coming to Malmö?)

and now I read a post from garance (who also took the picture), and it seems fantastic..
I can imagine it's a great mix of the orient & europe, fantastic food, a lot of small cafés with water-pipes (whats the english word for that, I forgot it..)

the sad thing is I now I won't go there whenever I have money & plans for travelling. there are always places that are so much more "important", and places I've been longing to go to forever.
So if anybody, anytime, completely randomly, would like to treat me on a trip..please choose one of those places I wouldn't go to myself, right now..like Istanbul, or Greece (maybe I'll have to when my mom moves there), or Moscow, Iceland...actually..almost anywhere except Argentina, Brazil and U.S..

2 comments:

Mommi said...

Istanbul är inte så långt ifrån Samothraki! Går buss mellan alexandroupolis o Istanbul ;)

Le Wolf said...

Istanbul is exactly as you predict it to be....
"a great mix of the orient & europe, fantastic food, a lot of small cafés with water-pipes"
they are called shisha pipes or bongs or hubbly bubblys.

heres a link to my post on Istanbul
i was there in the summer. Beautiful place.
hope it convinces you to go :)

http://heartsinacage.blogspot.com/2010/11/island-breeze.html